Friday, April 19, 2013

Mike's Welding


     Mike Dow owns a welding shop in Rockford, Iowa called Mike’s Welding. The shop opened many years ago, after he finished his education at North Iowa Area Community College. The shop is located 2 miles west of Rockford, Iowa, near his former home. Mike is my uncle, being my dad’s brother, and my opinion of the shop is that he does great work for a fair price. He does a vast variety of work at his shop and I believe his shop has made Rockford’s economy better, being it is local and many people from different towns come to have him weld on their equipment. His son, Tony Dow, works with him repairing farm equipment. He usually works on farm equipment for farmers in the area, but also does work on automobiles, as well. I talked to Jim Dow, who happens to be Mike Dow’s brother, who says, “Mike’s Welding is family-owned, with a father and son who work together repairing farm equipment for the local farmers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment