Friday, March 15, 2013

My favorite quotes


5.”When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.”
Abraham Lincoln 
1860-1865. He was going through the Civil War trying to free the slaves. I chose this quote because it is how I perceive things that I do whether they are good or bad.   

4.”My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.”
Maya Angelou
Now. Maya Angelou is a great poet and is always trying to come up with quotes of hope and triumph to help people through bad times and to get herself through bad times, especially during the civil rights act. This is one of my favorite quotes, because it states all of the things that I hope to accomplish in my life.

3.”Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
Abraham Lincoln 
1860-1865. During the Civil War trying to figure out the best ways to beat the South so that the North could free the slaves and unite the country again. I enjoy this quote for that fact that if you have something to say but it will make you look even more like a fool then you should just be quiet.

2.”I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan 
1994-2000. Soon after Jordan’s career, telling how he had lost many games and missed many shots but still ended up a champion and being a success. Even though I fail I will persevere and become anything I want to be.

1.”Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.”
George Carlin 
During his career in comedy. In this quote he was telling about the government and people not even knowing what is going on or how they would handle it or decide what should be done about it. This is my favorite quote because it states in one sentence how much of America thinks on things and it is very humorous to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment