Monday, March 19, 2012

A Monster Calls

The book A Monster Calls is about a thirteen year old boy who talks about this "one" nightmare that he'd have every single night which he'd rather die before telling a soul about it. This nightmare started after his mom told him that she had cancer, which ended up changing his life forever! A yew tree (which turns out to be a monster) "comes walking" because the boys dream awakened him, and calls out to him. The monster comes to tell the boy three stories, and the fourth the boy will have to tell him the nightmare. This story is about how the boy deals with the pain, and the problems that come with whole situation. Find out what happens in A Monster Calls this story circles around healing, and it's very inspirational! I recommend that everyone should read it!
I can relate to this story a lot, not from my mom having cancer but my grandma, my mom's mom having cancer I wasn't as old as the 13 year old boy. I wasn't around as long as my mom was dealing with grandma getting sick all the time, my mom had to watch her mom go through treatments and have to spend most of her life in the hospital. I was to young to realize it all the way, but my grandma went through so much pain, and so did my mom what she must of been feeling about the whole situation still gets to her until this day. My mom is a very strong person and knowing her mom had to go through 30 years of cancer was over bearing, sad and painful. I miss my grandma now but me and mom and just everyone that knew my grandma and how great she truley was have moved on, we all have healed and have been able to grow stronger from her passing! This book honestly made me cry, it may be just a book but basing off real events that can happen in life the words alone are worth more than we'll ever be able to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment